California MUTCD Update Workshop
There are still openings remaining at this time.
Online registration is not available at this time. Please contact our office for more information.
Support Person: Tech Transfer Registrar Phone: 510-643-4393 Email: email@example.com
CreditsThis course grants 0.8 CEUs and 8.0 AICP CM credits (Pending AICP approval)
- Are you aware that California adopted a new CA MUTCD standard (CA MUTCD 2014 Revision 2) in April, 2017. This affects how you do your daily work in transportation because it updates or changes the State's traffic control requirements?
- Are you aware of your company or public agency's requirements to follow this document related to transportation projects?
- Are you wondering how the prior Caltrans Traffic Manual, the California Supplement to the MUTCD, and the most recent Federal MUTCD all relate to each other and to your work?
- Do you know the status of some of the more significant changes to the CA MUTCD, such as signal timing parameters, pedestrian and bicycle traffic controls, traffic signs, and speed zones apply?
- Would you like to find out how other California practitioners are applying these new standards and guidelines successfully? Would you like to benefit from their real-world, transportation experience in both the public and private sides of the industry, and be able to apply their "lessons learned" to your projects spanning traffic control devices, signage, traffic signals, school zones, pavement markings, and the latest requirements and guidance for these?
- Do you want to hear about some of the changes that have been approved for 2017 and some changes that may occur in the future?
- Important changes due to the adoption of the CA MUTCD 2014 Revision 2
- How the prior California Supplement and Traffic manuals still apply and don't apply
- CA versus Federal Differences
- Issues encountered by practitioners
- All-way STOP application and useful forms
- Application of speed zones and the law of the real-world tips
- Application of warning signs and key curve advisory standards
- Differences between and applications of guide, warning, and regulatory signs
- Improperly used signs
- Application and recent changes to traffic signal warrants
- Traffic signal timing parameters and operations
- School area traffic controls devices, recent changes and application
- Common errors by practitioners
- Good practices