Registration is not allowed at this time.
Please contact our office for more information.
Support Person: Tech Transfer Registrar Phone: 510-643-4393 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CreditsThis course grants 0.8 CEUs and 8.0 AICP CM credits (Pending AICP approval)
- Are you aware that California adopted a new CA MUTCD standard (CA MUTCD 2019 Revision 4) in March, 2019. This affects how you do your daily work in transportation because it updates or changes the State's traffic control requirements?
- Are you aware of your company or public agency's requirements to follow this document related to transportation projects?
- Are you wondering how the prior Caltrans Traffic Manual, the California Supplement to the MUTCD, and the most recent Federal MUTCD all relate to each other and to your work?
- Do you know the status of some of the more significant changes to the CA MUTCD, such as signal timing parameters, pedestrian and bicycle traffic controls, traffic signs, and speed zones apply?
- Would you like to find out how other California practitioners are applying these new standards and guidelines successfully? Would you like to benefit from their real-world, transportation experience in both the public and private sides of the industry, and be able to apply their "lessons learned" to your projects spanning traffic control devices, signage, traffic signals, school zones, pavement markings, and the latest requirements and guidance for these?
- Do you want to hear about some of the changes that have been approved for 2018 and some changes that may occur in the future?
- Important changes due to the adoption of the CA MUTCD 2018 Revision 3
- How the prior California Supplement and Traffic manuals still apply and don't apply
- CA versus Federal Differences
- Issues encountered by practitioners
- All-way STOP application and useful forms
- Application of speed zones and the law of the real-world tips
- Application of warning signs and key curve advisory standards
- Differences between and applications of guide, warning, and regulatory signs
- Improperly used signs
- Application and recent changes to traffic signal warrants
- Traffic signal timing parameters and operations
- School area traffic controls devices, recent changes and application
- Common errors by practitioners
- Good practices
What You Will LearnAttendees will gain practical skills on how to use and apply the MUTCD and the California MUTCD to their traffic engineering work, with emphasis on application areas that often pose difficulties for practitioners, including: all-way stops; speed zoning; traffic signal operations; school area traffic controls; and where California practice differs significantly from Federal practice. Attendees will learn good practices and lessons learned in applying the MUTCD and California Supplement to both new and existing transportation facilities in California. Attendees are encouraged to bring issues/experience at work for discussion at the workshop.
Who Should AttendThis one-day workshop will benefit traffic engineers, planners, and technicians who work in the various facets of traffic engineering. The workshop will also benefit other individuals who wish to learn about practical applications of the CA MUTCD to traffic engineering practice. Individuals with or without prior knowledge of the CA MUTCD will benefit.
For More InformationAbout our courses and credits, see our FAQ
About cancellations, refunds, and substitutions, see How to Enroll
Note: Cancellation fee is $75. There are no refunds for classes with registration fees of $75 or less. For all other classes, you may cancel your enrollment and receive a refund of your registration fee less $75, provided we receive your written request to cancel at least 5 full working days before the class is scheduled to begin.
In lieu of canceling your registration, you have three additional options, you may (1) transfer your registration to another class, (2) receive a tuition credit for the full amount, useable toward a future class, or (3) send a substitute in your place. Please contact us at least 5 full working days before the class is scheduled to begin so we may process your request.
Or email us with your questions at email@example.com
Or call us at 510-643-4393
|Course Fee (Basic)||Standard fee||$ 245.00|
Rock MillerPE, PTOE, Consultant Engineer
Mr. Miller is a registered civil engineer and traffic engineer in California and is recognized as a leader in planning and design for complete streets and active transportation, with over 40 years in the transportation profession. Rock is expert in working through issues posed by working with legacy design guidelines while providing for innovative transportation improvements. He has served as the International President of the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) and has served on Caltrans and National Traffic Control Devices committees. Rock is also an expert on engineering liability defense and has assisted Caltrans and local agencies in litigation of roadway designs and traffic controls. Rock is also an excellent instructor and has delivered popular classes for Tech Transfer for many years.
powered by ACEweb from ACEware Systems, Inc.