Instructor InformationThis course was developed in partnership with the City and County Pavement Improvement Center, funded by California Senate Bill 1, the Road Repair and Accountability Act of 2017. This class delivery is supported by the California Department of Transportation, Division of Local Assistance, which offers reduced registration fees to employees of California's city, county, regional, and other public agencies.
Check for other dates/locations
CEUs: CEUs: 1.25
DescriptionThis course presents information regarding construction contract documents, quality assurance as applied to pavement construction, construction specifications for the components of pavement structural sections, and preparation of specifications, special provisions, and estimates. This is the primary overview course on pavement construction in the training certificate program offered by the City and County Pavement Improvement Center (CCPIC) in partnership with TechTransfer.
- Fundamentals of construction contract documents
- Aspects of quality assurance and quality assurance programs
- Materials testing for construction
- Specifications for subgrade preparation, subbase, and base materials
- Specifications and quality assurance for construction of concrete and asphalt pavement
- Fundamentals of specification and special provision writing
- Fundamentals of quantity and cost estimates
What You Will Learn
- The relationship of the specifications to the other contract documents
- The elements of a quality assurance program
- Common material test methods
- Greater familiarity with Caltrans and Greenbook specifications for pavement structural section materials and construction
- What to include and what to avoid when preparing specifications and special provisions
- Itemization and other considerations in developing the engineer's estimate
Who Should AttendThis course is designed for local agency engineers, inspectors, consultants, project managers, construction managers and others involved in the design and construction of projects which include construction, reconstruction, or rehabilitation of asphalt and concrete pavements.
For More InformationAbout our courses and credits, see our FAQ
About cancellations, refunds, and substitutions, see How to Enroll
Cancellation fee is $75. There are no refunds for classes with registration fees of $75 or less. For all other classes, you may cancel your enrollment and receive a refund of your registration fee less $75, provided we receive your written request to cancel at least 5 full working days before the class is scheduled to begin.
In lieu of canceling your registration, you have three additional options, you may (1) transfer your registration to another class, (2) receive a tuition credit for the full amount, useable toward a future class, or (3) send a substitute in your place. Please contact us at least 5 full working days before the class is scheduled to begin so we may process your request.
We recommend you discuss any possible problems or online security issues with your IT person before you register for any online classes. If you are worried about connectivity issues, please contact the online training coordinator the week before the class to schedule a time to test your system. If you do not test your system and you have technical issues during a live online class, we will not provide a refund.
Or email us with your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call us at 510-643-4393
Return to Course Listing
powered by ACEweb from ACEware Systems, Inc.