Dates: December 5, 2017
Meets: Tu from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Location: Ayres Suites Ontario at Mills Mall
Sorry, we are no longer accepting registrations for this course. Please contact our office to find out if it will be rescheduled, or if alternative classes are available.
This class will be delivered via ZOOM. New to Zoom? Sign up here https://us05web.zoom.us/ free.
DescriptionThis course offers students the opportunity to learn how to evaluate and design the "Forgiving Roadway" through minimizing roadside hazards, which reduces the potential for death, injury, and property damage crashes involving the roadway user. Instruction focuses on the best practices in the evaluation and design of roadside structures, such as guardrails, concrete barriers, crashworthy end terminals, drainage structures, and breakaway sign and lighting supports. The course is based on the AASHTO Roadside Design Guide, the Caltrans Traffic Safety Systems manual and Standard Plans, and the newer Manual for Accessing Safety Hardware (MASH) crash testing criteria; including, the Midwest Guardrail System. Particular emphasis is placed on the determination of the Clear Zone, and the proper guardrail Length Of Need (LON) mandated design calculations. Also covered, is the proper installation, inspection, and maintenance of existing barrier systems.
- identification of potential roadside hazards
- determination of the clear zone
- traversable drainage structures
- breakaway sign supports and lighting structures
- MASH crash test compliant barrier systems, including crashworthy end terminals
- design of LON for barrier systems
- installation and maintenance criteria for barrier systems
- introduction to advanced traffic management systems
What you will learnHow to properly evaluate and identify roadside hazards, select proper mitigation solutions, design roadside solution or proper barrier systems, properly install barrier systems, and maintain existing barrier systems.
Who should attendThis class is intended for engineers, public works inspectors, maintenance supervisors, and administrators responsible for safety and risk management.
- AASHTO Roadside Design Guide, 4th Edition
- Caltrans Traffic Safety Systems Guidance 2019
- California Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices 2014, Part 6 Revision 5
- Caltrans Roadside Safety System Design, Inspection and Maintenance Training 2016
- California Local County Roads: Roadside Safety Pocket Guide 2016
- Highway Design Manual, 6th Ed.
- Caltrans Standard Plans and Standard Specification, 2018
- FHWA W-Beam Guardrail Repair November 2008
For More InformationAbout our courses and credits, see our FAQ
About cancellations, refunds, and substitutions, see How to Enroll
Cancellation fee is $75. There are no refunds for classes with registration fees of $75 or less. For all other classes, you may cancel your enrollment and receive a refund of your registration fee less $75, provided we receive your written request to cancel at least 5 full working days before the class is scheduled to begin.
In lieu of canceling your registration, you have three additional options, you may (1) transfer your registration to another class, (2) receive a tuition credit for the full amount, useable toward a future class, or (3) send a substitute in your place. Please contact us at least 5 full working days before the class is scheduled to begin so we may process your request.
Or email us with your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call us at 510-643-4393
|Course Fee (Basic)||Standard fee||$ 450.00|
Ayres Suites Ontario at Mills Mall4370 Mills Circle
Ontario, CA 91764
|12/05/2017||Tuesday||8 AM to 5 PM||Ayres Suites Ontario at Mills Mall|
powered by ACEweb from ACEware Systems, Inc.